IN PHOTOS: Modest Mouse lights up the Brooklyn Bowl

Featuring flashing lights and energetic hits, Modest Mouse was a concert to remember.

Chloe Postlewaite

Modest Mouse performs at the Brooklyn Bowl on Sept. 10, 2022. (Hustler Multimedia/Chloe Postlewaite)

Chloe Postlewaite, Social Media Director

Sitting in the car on the way to the Modest Mouse concert, I wondered what the night would be like. I had seen the band once before, during their tour in 2017. It was a great show, and I was excited to see how the Oregon-based band would shake things up on their latest tour.

The Cribs, an indie-rock band from West Yorkshire, opened for Modest Mouse, igniting the crowd. The brother-composed group played songs including “Men’s Needs” and “I Don’t Know Who I Am” while the audience danced along.

The second that Modest Mouse took the stage, the energy in the room became electric. Fans screamed along to “Paper Thin Walls” and jumped to the beat.

During their set, Modest Mouse played many of my favorite hits, including “Dashboard,” “Dramamine,” and of course, “Float On.” The atmosphere was like no other concert I have ever been to, with the entire crowd enthusiastically dancing to every song that was played.

Incredible lighting amplified the energy in the venue. Purples, greens and blues flashed through the space, illuminating the audience as they sang along to every word.

Modest Mouse will continue on to their “Lonesome Crowded West” 25th-anniversary tour this winter, which I am sure will feature shows that are every bit as fun and lively as the one I was lucky enough to see this September.