‘Boss Talks’ partners with Wond’ry to hold mentorship workshop

The Renaissance Summit, a mentorship workshop with guest speakers, is set to become an annual event at Vanderbilt.
Anjali Chanda
The Engineering and Science Building, as photographed on Nov. 6, 2020. (Hustler Multimedia/Anjali Chanda)

Boss Talks, a global mentorship program that focuses on female empowerment in entrepreneurship, is partnering with the Wond’ry to hold a Renaissance Women’s Summit, a day-long mentorship event for female entrepreneurs with multiple guest speakers. The Summit will take place on Feb. 17 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST. 

The Summit will feature Brittany Driscoll, co-founder of Squeeze, as the keynote speaker. Other guest speakers will include Tracy Litt, TEDx speaker and author, and Jewel Tankard, a member of the Millionairess Club and the show “Thicker Than Water.” At the end of the Summit, there will also be a pitch competition in which three pre-selected students will pitch their businesses to win a prize that is yet to be determined.

“Boss Talks is a leading mentorship platform globally and our overall mission is to increase the economic footprint of women globally,” Hillary Gadsby, co-founder and CEO of Boss Talks, said. “We do that by building communities all over the globe so that women can send the elevator back down.”

Renaissance Marketing Group, a marketing and management group, is a partner at the Summit and will be handling marketing initiatives. There were 10 total spots for students in the Renaissance Women’s Summit and tickets for students were $10; however, all spots have been sold out as of Feb. 16.

The Summit will feature seven different entrepreneurship sessions, such as a social media workshop, an SEO (search engine optimization) “lunch and learn” and a speaker panel, per Gadsby. She said the event will occur annually in the future and that she is excited to be a part of the “paradigm shift of amazing things” that students at Vanderbilt and the Wond’ry accomplish.

“We’re really excited to partner with Vanderbilt and the Wond’ry,”’ Gadsby said. “The Wond’ry is such an innovative center and it’s so important for mentorship for the next generation, especially in the innovation and tech world.”

Emily Char, vice president of mentorship for Vanderbilt Women in Business, said that she is excited that Boss Talks is coming to Vanderbilt and she supports their goal of “propelling women” into the business world.

“Having a mentor is something that I have personally found incredibly inspiring and practically very helpful in my professional aspirations, so extending that opportunity to as many women as possible on campus is absolutely incredible,” Char said.