Eight hours, eight performers, one Create-A-Thon

On Saturday, Nov. 10, a collection of campus creatives will gather for the Vanderbilt Review’s fourth annual Create-A-Thon. While there are acts scheduled to perform every hour on the hour, the event is meant to be a forum where students passionate about any artistic medium can share their work in a stress-free environment.

“We want the Create-A-Thon to be a space for students of any ability level to come together and create together in a shared space, whether that be poetry, short stories, art, knitting, performing, and many more forms of creative expression,” Vanderbilt Review’s Editor-in-Chief Justine Kaemmerlen said.

The eight hour window allows students to come as they please and either add to or simply enjoy the saturation of campus creativity in one place.

While Vanderbilt’s campus is supportive of performance arts in general, offering outlets for comedians, actors and musicians to perform, Kaemmerlen said that other mediums like painting or photography are often overlooked. As Vanderbilt’s undergraduate literary magazine, it’s the Review’s job to facilitate printed creativity. Every year, the Review publishes a 150 page magazine filled with student art, poetry and prose. The Create-A-Thon is just another avenue through which students can share their work with the campus community.

This year’s performers includes everything from bands and musicians to balloon artists and comics to spoken word artists.

The event will be held in Towers East, and more information is available here. If you are a campus creative yourself, consider submitting your work to the Vanderbilt Review here.