Plan your weekend (3/30-4/1)

Looking to try something new this weekend? Peruse the events below and make a point to attend something outside of your comfort zone. For more offerings, check out Anchor Link.

[su_spoiler title=”Sports” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

Sports

What: Men’s Tennis vs. Texas A&M

When: Friday, March 30 at 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Where: Currey Ingram Tennis Center

Why: Support the ‘Dores as they take on the Texas A&M Aggies. The first hundred fans in attendance will also receive free Anchor Down mason jars.

Who: Vanderbilt Athletics

What: Women’s Lacrosse vs. Villanova

When: Saturday, March 31 at 1 p.m.

Where: Vanderbilt Soccer/Lacrosse Complex

Why: Support Vandy Lax as they challenge Villanova.

Who: Vanderbilt Athletics

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Cultural” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

Cultural

What: Band Together for Musicians Corner: Honoring the Songs of Muscle Shoals

When: Friday, March 30 at 8 p.m.

Where: City Winery Nashville

Why: Spend a night honoring Muscle Shoals’ musical legacy and supporting Musicians Corner, an organization that helps local artists and provides public access to music in Centennial Park. The benefit concert will feature performances of classic songs recorded in Muscle Shoals by John Paul White, Anderson East, Ruby Amanfu, Lera Lynn, Becca Mancari, Devon Gilfillian, St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Penny & Sparrow, Donnie Fritts and The Kernal. Tickets, which can be purchased here, start at $40.

Who: City Winery Nashville

What: Nashville Zoo Volunteering with SPEAR

When: Saturday, March 31 at 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.

Where: Nashville Zoo

Why: Help the Zoo prepare for their Easter Event, and feel free to spend the rest of your day exploring one of the wildest spots in Nashville. If you’re interested, sign up on Anchorlink.

Who: Students Promoting Environment Awareness and Responsibility (SPEAR)

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Recreational” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

Recreational

What: Easter Biscuit Bar

When: Sunday, April 1 at 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Where: Union Common (1929 Broadway Ave)

Why: Union Common, a social concept steakhouse, will be hosting an all-you-can-eat biscuit bar for $18.95, making it a perfect brunch spot. If you want to check out their regular menu, you can here.

Who: Union Common

What: Coast Modern at 3rd & Lindsley

When: Sunday, April 1 at 7 p.m.

Where: 3rd & Lindsley

Why: Kick off April the right way with a night full of Coast Modern’s sun-soaked tunes. The band is running a Bring-A-Thon, encouraging fans to bring lights, glow sticks and good vibes to make each show unique. Tickets are $10, and can be bought here.

Who: Coast Modern

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Arts” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

Arts

What: Down the Street

When: Friday and Saturday, March 30 and 31 at 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Where: Sarratt Cinema

Why: The Original Cast returns to the stage to perform Down the Street, directed by sophomore Sydney Kaemmerlen. The show, which features songs from Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, Pippin, Next to Normal, Dogfight, Waitress, and more, tells a story of life in a small town in Texas, personal growth, and how to carry on and love in even the hardest of times.

Who: The Original Cast

What: Exhibitionism: The Rolling Stones exhibit

When: Any time

Where: Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum

Why: A must see for any Stones fan, the exhibit features over 500 band artifacts and memorabilia, including personal diaries, original instruments and a fashion gallery. Tickets can be purchased at the door, and the museum offers a student discount with a valid student ID.

Who:Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Health & Wellness” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

Health & Wellness

What: Try a class at Shenanigoats

When: Any time (here’s the class schedule)

Where: Shenanigoats Yoga

Why: Shake up your fitness routine with an untraditional yoga class. For $25, you can find your zen and make a new friend (who’s sure to be a GOAT).

Who: Shenanigoats Yoga

What: Take an Orangetheory Class

When: Any time

Where: Midtown location (121 17th Ave S.)

Why: Advertised as the best one hour workout in the country, it may be worth giving Orangetheory a shot. Take advantage of the free trial class and sweat it out this weekend.

Who: Orangetheory

[/su_spoiler]

Disclaimer: Source of event information is Anchor Link and Facebook