How to spend your Hallo-weekend

Not sure what to do this Hallo-weekend and tired of going to on-campus parties? Check what Nashville has to offer to get you in the Halloween Spirit.

Haunted Houses

If you’re really looking for a scare this weekend, check out one of the many haunted houses in the Nashville area. Nashville Nightmare was rated twentieth in Haunted Attraction Magazine’s Top 31 Haunts. It features four different haunted houses in one park, and for $30 you get access to all of them. According to reviews, the haunt uses smell as a fear tactic, so if you’re looking for an extremely immersive experience check this site out.

Other popular attractions include Devil’s Dungeon and Full Moon Slaughter, both of which are $20 or less, depending on the day. All three of these are a relatively easy drive and are guaranteed to give a good scare.

Phantom of the Opera

For those that want something in the Halloween spirit but don’t want the hassle (and nightmares) that come with a haunted house, why not watch one of these classic productions?

The Schermerhorn Symphony Center will be hosting a Halloween Movie Night on the 31st, complete with Halloween-themed cocktails and a costume contest, all starting at $20. They will be showing the 1925 film adaptation of Phantom of the Opera, accompanied by a live organist.

Day of the Dead

If you’re not looking for anything scary this weekend, Sarratt Art Studios and Vanderbilt Association of Hispanic Students will be offering a Creation Station event in Sarratt Gallery for Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) on Friday, October 28. The event offers sugar skull decorating, a presentation by VAHS, and of course food, all free of charge. See their Facebook page for more information on this event.

darhorse-flyer-sample-348x512
Darkhorse Halloween Dance Party

For those that are 21 and older, the Bearded Iris Brewery will be hosting a party complete with live music, fire breathers, contortionists, drink specials, food trucks, a costume contest and more. Tickets are only $15 if you buy in advance, and the party is only 15 minutes away in the heart of Germantown.