IN PHOTOS: Anchor Dash 2019

IN PHOTOS: Anchor Dash 2019

Check out our photo coverage of this year’s Anchor Dash

The newest Commodores participated in the annual “Anchor Dash” tradition on Saturday, Aug. 31. Each year, Vanderbilt commemorates the first football game of the season by having administration, VUceptors and the first-year students run across the field.

The event starts with a reception at the Rec Fieldhouse with food and activities. 

After leaving the Fieldhouse, everyone runs through McGugin and then onto the football field. 

“It was super cool to feel the energy of the freshman class as we sprinted across the field together,” first-year Jenna Phillips said. “It was a great way to get fired up before the game.”

“Anchor Dash is easily one of my favorite days of the year after Move-In Day,” VUceptor Michael Gonçalves said. “Getting to cheer on Vanderbilt’s newest Commodores as they rush the field is also such a rush for us on the sidelines as we get to see everyone’s smiling faces as they run onto the field and into the start of their first football season and academic year here.”

Anchor Dash 2019 kicks off the football game against Georgia on Saturday, Aug. 31. (Photo by Hunter Long)
Truman McDaniel, Former Multimedia Sports Specialist
Truman McDaniel (2023) is a student in the College of Arts & Science majoring in Environmental and Ecological Biology and Political Science. In his free time, he enjoys taking pictures, drinking coffee and watching movies. He can be reached at [email protected].    
Mattigan Kelly, Former Deputy Multimedia Director
Mattigan Kelly ('22) was Deputy Multimedia Director for The Vanderbilt Hustler. She has been on the staff since her freshman year. Mattigan majored in chemical engineering in the School for Engineering. In addition to shooting for The Hustler, she was the Development Coordinator for Camp Kesem at Vanderbilt, works in a research lab on campus and plays Club Tennis.

Charles E Abbott II

ny pictures of the band? My son is a freshman in the band and I don’t believe he was able to participate in the Anchor Dash. Also there was an SEC Nation broadcast that the band members participated in although I don’t know who to contact to fobtain a copy of it. Thank you for your time and any help. Both are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Charles Abbott
Proud Vandy Dad