Vanderbilt to face Baylor in Texas Bowl on December 27th in Houston

Graphic by Christia Victoriano

The Vanderbilt Commodores are headed to Houston, Texas on December 27 to face off against the Baylor Bears of the Big 12 in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, the school announced on Sunday. Kickoff is scheduled for 8 PM CT.

This will be Vanderbilt’s ninth bowl appearance all-time and the first since 2016 when the Commodores lost to the NC State Wolfpack in the Camping World Independence Bowl.

Vanderbilt reached bowl eligibility with a decisive 38-13 win over Tennessee last week. Head coach Derek Mason is now the second Vanderbilt coach in program history to lead the Commodores to multiple bowl games.

Baylor finished the season at 6-6 and needed a win over Texas Tech in the last week of the season to clinch bowl eligibility. They had no common opponents with Vanderbilt this season.

Vanderbilt is 4-3-1 in bowls all-time with the most recent win coming in 2014 against Houston in the BBVA Compass Bowl.

Stay tuned for ongoing coverage.

SHARE
Previous articleSpice up your finals season with some artistic holiday fun
Next articlePlan your week: 12/2 to 12/8
Cutler Klein ('19) is the Sports Editor of the Vanderbilt Hustler. He previously served as Assistant Sports Editor. He is majoring in Communication Studies in the College of Arts and Science. When he's not writing stories, tweeting silly GIFs or watching any hockey game he can find, Cutler is running the sports department of VandyRadio, hosting VU Sports Wired on VTV and covering the Nashville Predators as a credentialed media member for Penalty Box Radio. Cutler has had bylines on NHL.com and VegasGoldenKnights.com.

NO COMMENTS