Vanderbilt Printing Services launches new online print system

Digital StoreFront is designed to make custom print jobs more accessible to students, faculty and staff

Office Network Printer. Network Printing in the Office Area. Printer Closeup Photo.

Vanderbilt University Printing Services announced Jan. 16 the launch of a new online print system, designed to more easily accommodate large-scale and custom print orders for students, faculty and staff.

The addition of Digital StoreFront (DSF), an online portal through which users can print custom stationary, graphics or banners, has the potential to improve student interaction with printing services by saving time and increasing efficiency.   

“The purpose [of DSF] is to help streamline and simplify faculty, staff and students’ experiences with printing services,” said Sean Carroll, Director of Business Services Operations. “Historically, students would either walk up to the [Campus Copy] counter or email one of our project coordinators whenever they had a print request. What Digital StoreFront does is bring our software into the 21st century.”

Public Relations Chair of Gillette House Kate Walsworth said she is excited about this new resource.

“My job as PR chair involves printing many flyers, stickers and other informational materials,” Walsworth said. “This new printing system will allow us to expand the scope of our PR impact with more interactive, large-scale projects that incorporate engaging elements, such as stickers and decals.”

According to Carroll, the simplicity of the online program makes it all the more valuable, as users can upload files, pick their print options, receive a cost estimate and instantly view an electronic proof.

“We think [DSF] will help expose the breadth of our service line to the whole university community, and that’s a win for everybody,” he said.

Another beneficial feature of DSF is that the platform is available to students on their laptops, smartphones or tablets. To utilize this service, students should log onto the Printing Services website, and select “Start Your Order.” Integrated with Vanderbilt single sign-on, users can pay for their jobs with Commodore Cash online and then pick them up at Campus Copy in Rand Dining Center.

“Students are accustomed to instant service with the VUPrint system,” Carroll said. “We hope [DSF] will be just as seamless and just as intuitive, improving their experience with us considerably.”

SHARE
Previous articleVH New Music Fridays: Ben Platt, Florida Georgia Line and more
Next articleVanderbilt falls to Tennessee 82-65 at home
Scarlett Bach is a freshman from San Francisco, California. As a Child Development major, she loves teaching dance classes to underprivileged kids, as well as learning about public health and other cultures. In her spare time, she enjoys hitting the tennis court, playing board games (especially backgammon!), reading mysteries, and exploring the Nashville food scene with friends.

NO COMMENTS