PODCAST: A football win, a soccer skid

This week, On3Sports national news desk writer Simon Gibbs joins the show to discuss Vanderbilt football’s victory over Colorado State and an upcoming matchup with Stanford.
Hustler Sports 30 Podcast logo
The Hustler Sports 30 is a weekly podcast hosted by sports editor Justin Hershey and deputy sports editors Sam Curtis and Andrew Wilf. (Hustler Multimedia/Emery Little)

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7q44BPTRIVLstSWxycRscx

On Episode 3 of the Hustler Sports 30 podcast, sports editor Justin Hershey and deputy sports Editor Bryce Smith are joined by On3Sports national news desk writer Simon Gibbs to discuss Vanderbilt’s recent 24-21 win over Colorado State. Simon provides his take on Vanderbilt’s first two games, previews the Commodores’ upcoming matchup with Stanford and comments on this weekend’s game between No. 10 Penn State and No. 22 Auburn. Justin and Bryce then dive into soccer talk as the Commodores’ begin their conference slate this Friday with a match against Florida in Nashville.

Further Reading:

Three Matchups to Watch: Vanderbilt vs. Stanford“: This Saturday the Commodores will look to win back-to-back games for the first time since the 2018 season.

Commodore Brunch Week Two: Sweet Victory“: Early Sunday morning marked the end of a gruesome 11-game losing streak for the Vanderbilt Commodores, as they handled the altitude in Fort Collins to beat the Colorado State Rams 24-21.

Vanderbilt falls to Middle Tennessee 2-1 in nonconference finale“: A solid performance and gorgeous goal from Rachel Deresky were overshadowed by Middle Tennessee star Peyton DePriest’s late brace.

Press Conference Notes: Lea previews matchup against Stanford, provides injury updates and keys to success moving forward“: The Vanderbilt head coach met with the media to discuss the state of the team and his thoughts about Saturday’s matchup at home.