The Milky Way rises above the horizon at night during the Summer months on the island of Hawaii on July 7, 2021. (Hustler Multimedia/Josh Rehderrs) (Josh Rehders)

IN PHOTOS: Hot Multi Summer

The Hustler Multimedia Staff kept their skills honed, using photography to record their experiences throughout the summer.

This summer was one packed full for our Multimedia staff, with some members traveling to Nebraska, Texas, Colorado and Hawaii while others stayed in the Nashville area. No matter where they were, the staff continued to grow their skills by documenting their adventures and experiences through photos. To showcase their talent and hard work, The Hustler has selected a few photos from some of our staff to share a summer recap.

Truman McDaniel is the Multimedia Sports Specialist for The Vanderbilt Hustler, and works as a Student Photographer for Vanderbilt Athletics. He covered the entirety of the VandyBoys post-season run, culminating in their NCAA College World Series Championship appearance in Omaha, Nebraska.

Josh Rehders is a Deputy Multimedia Director for the Vanderbilt Hustler, and interned with Woodlands Online in The Woodlands, Texas this summer. He covered the Houston Astros, as well as local events and high school sports. He also freelanced for the Oregon State Beavers baseball team, covering their appearance at the NCAA College World Series Fort Worth Regional.

Shun Ahmed is a Staff Photographer for the Vanderbilt Hustler, and interned with Millions of Conversations in Nashville, Tennessee this summer. In her free time, she visited local Nashville arts galleries and farmers markets and took photos along the way.

Ethan Jiang is a Staff Photographer for the Vanderbilt Hustler, and takes photos for the Vanderbilt Cross Country and Track and Field Teams. This summer, he covered the Colorado State Track and Field Championships for his high school, Niwot High School in Niwot, Colorado.

Alex Venero is the Multimedia Director for the Vanderbilt Hustler, and is a Student Social Media Assistant with Vanderbilt Athletics. This summer, she produced content for VandyBoys social media accounts during their appearances in the NCAA College World Series, Nashville Regionals, and Super Regionals. After the post-season ended, she returned home where she continued using photography and social media to document her summer experiences.