#Keep615Live: Nashville music venues to require proof of vaccination

Nashville music venues, including Exit/In and the Basement, announce new COVID-19 safety protocols regarding vaccinations, negative tests and mask-wearing policies for the fall 2021 concert season.
The Exit/In on Elliston Place is one of many Nashville venues to adopt new safety policies. (Photo submitted by Tori Bishop)

We’re all tired—exhausted—from the constant news updates about how COVID-19 continues to affect our lives well beyond what we initially expected.

But we’re also tired of a year without concerts, which is why Nashville music venues have banded together to announce a new set of safety protocols that they hope will help to #Keep615Live throughout the fall concert season. Check out our ongoing fall preview series to find out what shows are coming up soon at these venues and more.

New policies as a result of the Delta variant are largely similar overall but vary slightly by venue, and all will be in full effect by the time we return to campus. Be sure to confirm with each venue whether a photo of your vaccination card is valid instead of the physical copy. Here’s a go-to guide on how each venue’s policies have changed:

Andrew Kolondra Jr.
Andrew Kolondra Jr., Former Life Editor

Andrew (AJ) Kolondra Jr. ('22) majored in English and classics in the College of Arts and Science. He frequently reviews television and movies or covers local events and festivals in and around the city. As a South Florida native, he spends as much time as possible outdoors — more often than not at Centennial Park. He can be reached at [email protected].