Dominic Fike, Gunna to headline Rites of Stream 2021

Vanderbilt’s annual music festival takes on a virtual twist with “Rites of Stream” this year, taking place April 29 and 30.
Rites of Stream will be held virtually April 29 and April 30 (Vanderbilt Programming Board)

Vanderbilt Programming Board (VPB) announced April 26 via email that the 2021 edition of the annual Rites of Spring Music Festival will feature live, virtual shows by Dominic Fike and Gunna as the headline artists with supporting performances by Freddie Gibbs and Rico Nasty. 

Originally from Maryland and known as “the queen of punk rap,” Rico Nasty will kick things off April 29 at 8:00 p.m. CST. Dominic Fike emerged as a star in the last couple of years with hits including “3 Nights” and “Chicken Tenders,” releasing his debut album “What Could Possibly Go Wrong” last year. Fike is scheduled to take the stage at 9:15 p.m. CST on Thursday.

Indiana rapper Freddie Gibbs released the Billboard Top 15 album “Alfredo” last year and will keep the momentum going April 30 at 8:00 p.m. CST. And finally, fans can look forward to watching one of the fastest-rising rap artists of the last decade close out the online festival, with Gunna set to perform at 9:15 p.m. CST on Friday.

Students can sign up now for the free, live shows Thursday and Friday separately on Anchorlink, which will be exclusively streamed to Vanderbilt students, faculty and staff.