First-ever VPAC Fest to be held this Saturday

The Vanderbilt Performing Arts Community will host an in-person concert with performances from 18 student groups
The first VPAC Fest is to take place April 10 on Wilson Lawn (Vanderbilt Performing Arts Community)

This Saturday, April 10, Vanderbilt Performing Arts Community (VPAC) and Vanderbilt Student Government (VSG) will put on the first ever VPAC Fest, showcasing 18 performing arts groups on campus during a two-hour, in-person concert on Wilson Lawn. 

The concert will take place 7-9 p.m. with doors opening at 6:30 p.m.

VPAC is a conglomeration of 30 performing arts organizations on Vanderbilt’s campus, and the board serves as a liaison between the administration and these groups. 18 out of 30 of these groups will perform at Saturday’s event. Groups include the University Concert Band, K-Pop, Harmonic Notion, Confidance/VDU, Melanated A Cappella, Vitality Dance Company, VUCC, Tap That, BhangraDores, Commodore Orchestra (VCO), Vandy Taal, Momentum, Double Major A Cappella, Vanderbilt Lakshya, Vanderbilt Variations, VIDA, Tongue ‘N’ Cheek Improv Comedy and The Original Cast.

Tickets sold out within the first 24 hours, with a total of 250 students attending the event. To manage capacity and accommodate student demand, the VPAC Fest will have a stand-by line where students without tickets can enter the event as students filter out. Students can also watch the event online through the livestream link on the VPAC Instagram profile

“VPAC Fest is an opportunity for us to come together because even though we haven’t had stuff to do in person, a lot of people have been doing things remotely, doing their own recordings, things like that,” VPAC president Liv Donofrio said. “This is really an opportunity for everyone to show off what they have been working on in person and were all really excited about that.” 

Attendees can expect to sit socially distant in the iconic white circles on the lawn. The first 200 people to arrive will receive a free VPAC picnic blanket, and all 250 attendees will receive a ticket voucher for the Rolled 4 Ever Ice Cream and the Nashville Chicken and Waffles food trucks.