Kirkland Tower after heavy snowfall on Friday Feb. 19, 2021 (Hustler Multimedia/Hunter Long)

IN PHOTOS: Winter Magic

Vanderbilt has looked a bit different this past week. Check out some Multimedia’s best work from these last few days.

Vanderbilt has looked a bit different this past week as the university has seen some of the most snowfall it has in a while. As the snow starts to melt and campus life eventually returns to what we remember, let’s take a look back at this past week and all the winter magic that came along with it.

Mobility around Vanderbilt’s Campus

Movement through the snow proved difficult during the heavy snowfall. Pictured on Friday, Feb. 19, 2021 (Hustler Multimedia/Hunter Long) (Hunter Long)

Traversal around campus has proven to be quite difficult as many of the walkways had not been salted or shoveled. This made mobility tough, but the campus looked beautiful.

Athletics Frozen Over

The Vanderbilt Athletics Facilities could also be found covered in snow on Thursday, Feb. 18, 2021. (Hustler Multimedia/Truman McDaniel) (Truman McDaniel)

While Vanderbilt continued with classes during the snowfall, the Athletics facilities also received heavy snowfall, resulting in the postponement of the Baseball home opener against Wright State to at least Sunday. Meanwhile, in Football, the new head coach Clark Lea and others were seen shoveling snow off of the Star-V in Vanderbilt’s Stadium.

A little winter fun

Vanderbilt Commons after the heavy snowfall on Monday, Feb. 15, 2021 (Hustler Multimedia/Elle Choi)

Main campus was not the only place to see significant snowfall; Peabody and Commons were also snowed over. Many students seized the opportunity to create fun snowmen and experience the winter wonderland.

Elle Choi
Elle Choi, Staff Photographer
Elle Choi ('24) is a student from Seoul, South Korea, double majoring in Human and Organizational Development and Computer Science. She currently serves as a Multimedia staff photographer on The Hustler. During her free time, she enjoys going to museums, watching YouTube vlogs and designing wireframes to improve or create new apps. She can be reached at [email protected].
Truman McDaniel
Truman McDaniel, Former Multimedia Sports Specialist
Truman McDaniel (2023) is a student in the College of Arts & Science majoring in Environmental and Ecological Biology and Political Science. In his free time, he enjoys taking pictures, drinking coffee and watching movies. He can be reached at [email protected].    
Alex Venero
Alex Venero, Former Multimedia Director
Alex Venero (‘23) is from Rumson, NJ. She is majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in World Politics. When not shooting for The Hustler, she can be found at almost any Vanderbilt Athletics event or exploring the food and coffee of Nashville. She can be reached at [email protected].