Testing center to remain closed Feb. 16, Campus Dining continues to offer modified hours and service

With snowfall accumulations and extreme temperatures persisting into Tuesday, the university has chosen to keep the testing center closed, continue modified dining service among other updates.
A car is covered in snow and sleet. (Hustler Multimedia/Claire Barnett)

The COVID-19 testing center at the David Williams II Recreation and Wellness Center will remain closed Tuesday, Feb. 16, per a university update released 5 p.m. CST today.

Undergraduate students who were scheduled for a Tuesday test should forgo this test but still attend their second test for the week as scheduled Wednesday to Friday. Graduate and professional students, faculty and staff who were planning for a Tuesday test should postpone until Wednesday, Feb. 17, or later in the week.

Classes will continue to be conducted on normal schedules on Tuesday, with faculty members notifying students of any changes to class arrangements.

Citing “the potential for additional snowfall accumulations tonight and extreme cold temperatures on Tuesday morning,” the university has suspended operation of VandyRide for this evening and the Vanderbilt Child and Family Center will also be closed Tuesday, Feb. 16.

All campus tents are also closed until further notice. At approximately 1 p.m. CST today, students noticed that one of the tents on Commons had collapsed. The Vanderbilt University Police Department (VUPD) has not responded to immediate request for comment.

Per a Vanderbilt Campus Dining Instagram announcement, Branscomb, Highland and Kissam Munchie Marts will be open 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. Commons Munchie Mart will be open 7:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. CST. Rand and Commons will open for continuous service from 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. CST. Allergen OrderIT meal service and Quarantine/Isolation Meal delivery will continue to operate on Tuesday.

All other dining locations will be closed due to staffing issues and hazardous road conditions. GET/dining hall Express pre-order service will also not be available.

“BIG thanks to our managers and staff, many of whom have been in hotels near campus since Sunday to ensure our students are taken care of during this storm,” the post read.