BREAKING: Vanderbilt football game against Tennessee postponed

Vanderbilt will play Missouri on Saturday Nov. 28 at 11 AM CT
The Commodores huddle before they head to the locker room to dress against Florida on Nov. 22, 2020. (Hustler Multimedia/Truman McDaniel)

Vanderbilt’s home matchup against rival Tennessee will not be played on Saturday, Nov. 28.

According to the SEC and a press release from Vanderbilt athletics, the game was postponed in order to accommodate the rescheduling of Vanderbilt’s previously-postponed game against Missouri, originally scheduled for Oct. 17.

Vanderbilt will travel to play Missouri on Saturday, and the game will be televised by SEC Network at 11 AM CT.

No information has been given about the rescheduling of the Vanderbilt-Tennessee game, but the situation will continue to be evaluated by the SEC.

Press release as follows:

The Southeastern Conference has announced that Vanderbilt’s home football game against Tennessee this Saturday has been postponed. The Commodores will now travel to Missouri on Saturday for an 11 a.m. CT matchup on SEC Network, as Missouri’s previously scheduled game against Arkansas has also been postponed.

Per the SEC, Vanderbilt’s game against Tennessee was postponed for the purpose of facilitating the rescheduling of the Vanderbilt-Missouri game. This rescheduling of games allows for the continued opportunity for all 14 teams to play all of its 10 games in the 2020 season.

The opportunity to reschedule the Vanderbilt-Tennessee game will continue to be evaluated by the SEC. The rescheduling of games on the remaining SEC football schedule will include Dec. 19 as a playing date.