Vanderbilt men’s basketball releases full 2020-21 schedule

Vanderbilt men’s basketball will start its season on Nov. 27th at home against Valparaiso.
Vanderbilt Head Coach Jerry Stackhouse watches from the sidelines in his team’s loss to Arkansas. (Hustler Multimedia/Hunter Long)

Updated: Tuesday Nov 17th at 2:00 pm CST

Vanderbilt men’s basketball released their full 2020-2021 schedule Tuesday following the Southeastern Conference’s (SEC) release on Nov. 6 of their conference schedule. The Commodores will begin their season on Nov. 27 at home against Valparaiso.

The remaining portion of the non-conference schedule is highlighted by the Legends Classic (Dec. 1-3) at the Mohegan Sun, with a tournament field featuring the likes of University of Southern California, University of Connecticut and BYU. The Commodores will also complete the back end of two game series’ with Richmond, SMU and Davidson.

Stackhouse’s squad will begin their SEC campaign on Dec. 30th at home against Florida. The SEC previously announced on Sept. 25 that in light of COVID-19, its season would begin on Dec. 29 and would feature an 18-game slate with two off-weeks.

The Commodores’ full 2020-21 schedule is as follows:

Nov. 27: Vanderbilt vs. Valparaiso

Dec. 1: Legends Classic: Vanderbilt vs. Connecticut

Dec. 3: Legends Classic: Vanderbilt vs. TBD

Dec. 8: Vanderbilt at Southern Methodist University (SMU)

Dec. 11: Vanderbilt vs. North Carolina Central

Dec. 13: Vanderbilt vs. Mississippi Valley State

Dec. 16: Vanderbilt vs. Richmond

Dec. 19: Vanderbilt vs. Radford

Dec. 22: Vanderbilt at Davidson

Dec. 30: Vanderbilt vs. Florida

Jan. 5: Vanderbilt at Kentucky

Jan. 9: Vanderbilt vs. Mississippi State

Jan. 12: Vanderbilt at Missouri

Jan. 16: Vanderbilt at Tennessee

Jan. 20: Vanderbilt vs. Texas A&M

Jan. 23: Vanderbilt vs. Arkansas

Jan. 27: Vanderbilt at Florida

Jan. 30: Vanderbilt vs. South Carolina

Feb. 3: Vanderbilt at Texas A&M

Feb. 6: Vanderbilt at Georgia

Feb. 9: Vanderbilt vs. Auburn

Feb. 13: Vanderbilt at Mississippi State

Feb. 17: Vanderbilt vs. Kentucky

Feb. 20: Vanderbilt at Alabama

Feb. 24: Vanderbilt vs. Tennessee

Feb. 27: Vanderbilt vs. Ole Miss

Mar. 2: Vanderbilt at LSU