I Love Sushi to replace Nama on Elliston Place

An Alabama-based sushi restaurant will take over the old Nama Sushi locale on Elliston Place, giving Commodores an opportunity to explore new restaurants.
Alexandra Venero
A sign outside Nama marking the upcoming arrival of I Love Sushi to Elliston Place. (Hustler Multimedia/Alexandra Venero)

A new Japanese restaurant, I Love Sushi, will soon replace the beloved Nama Sushi at 2300 Elliston Pl., as indicated by a sign in front of the old Nama space. The replacement has been officially confirmed by Eater Nashville.

In late March, at the start of the surge of COVID-19 restrictions, Nama closed both of its locations on Elliston and Brentwood. Popular Division St. eatery Thai Esane plans to take over the 203 Franklin Rd. location in January 2021. 

I Love Sushi, coming to Elliston Pl., is an Alabama-based sushi restaurant with locations in Huntsville and Madison, Alabama. Jim Xue, who also owns sister restaurants ChopChop Fresh Salads and Kamado Ramen, first opened I Love Sushi in Huntsville in 2013, per Eater Nashville. The restaurant offers sushi-lovers a wide range of items, including hot appetizers, salads, soups, sushi and hand rolls, sashimi, donburi and more.

For returning Vanderbilt students and staff, I Love Sushi will be a novel experience with its specialties that should bring an exciting twist to our old Nama favorites. The opening will offer Japanese food lovers an additional opportunity to enjoy affordable and fresh sushi without having to make the hike to Rock N Roll in Hillsboro.