As students start to move into the new Zeppos Residential College, shown above on Aug. 12, 2020, Chancellor Diermeier and Dean Bandas remind students of the consequences for flouting community COVID-19 guidelines. (Hustler Multimedia/Hunter Long) (Hunter Long)
As students start to move into the new Zeppos Residential College, shown above on Aug. 12, 2020, Chancellor Diermeier and Dean Bandas remind students of the consequences for flouting community COVID-19 guidelines. (Hustler Multimedia/Hunter Long)

IN PHOTOS: Nicholas S. Zeppos residential college

The Vanderbilt Hustler takes a tour of new residential college on campus.

August 16, 2020

In this photo story, The Vanderbilt Hustler takes an inside look at the new Nicholas S. Zeppos Residential college slated to open for incoming students this coming semester.

Residents of Nicholas S. Zeppos Residential college must pay the Residential College Experience Fee, which is currently planned to be $368 for the upcoming year. The fee is to support “programming initiatives” within the college.

Capable of holding 335 students, the residential college consists of single, double and four-person suite-style housing. The residential college also features a great room for students to socialize in addition to a new dining location that is open to all students on Vanderbilt’s campus. The menu includes a salad bar, traditional American cuisine and a Fresh Mex concept.

Much of the exterior of the building is inspired by gothic-architecture, evident in the use of columns and gothic arches. Current residential colleges, E. Bronson Ingram and Warren and Moore also have similar architecture.

The Nicholas S. Zeppos residential college contains many different room types. Even singles come in a variety of different shapes and sizes. Additionally, the suites come furnished with a selection of furniture and a kitchen that includes a fridge and microwave, much like the suites that are found in E. Bronson Ingram or Warren and Moore.

With the building being named after the previous chancellor, Nicholas S. Zeppos, one can find various imagery around the residential college, From the entry archway to the crest on the front of the building, his name is everywhere.

View Comments (1)
1

All The Vanderbilt Hustler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest
C
Crystal
1 year ago

Thank you, Hunter! What a very nice feature of the new dorm! You do a great job for the Hustler! Have a GREAT year!