Beloved Live On The Green music festival transitions to socially distant approach

The Nashville music festival Vandy students know and love is rebranding into the Live On My Green FM Music Festival for 2020, which means pre-recorded live performances.

%28Lightning+100%29

(Lightning 100)

Eva Pace, Life Editor

Tourists flock to Nashville, Tennessee for a number of reasons: we’ve got mouthwatering hot chicken sandwiches, high-energy honky-tonks and gorgeous Broadway rooftops to boot. But there’s one thing that defines our city above all else: music. 

Lightning 100’s Live On The Green music festival has brought Nashville’s emerging musical talent as well as well-known national acts to civilians at no cost for over a decade. Despite the limitations of COVID-19 precautions, the festival is dedicated to continuing to deliver music to its fans. Instead of their typical Public Square Park venue, the soundtrack of their traditional on-site event is broadcasting virtually through a whole weekend of exclusive radio content. 

Moon Taxi, a band of Belmont alumni, is one of the many groups performing virtually for Live On My Green 2020 (Wakarusa)

The updated festival, renamed Live On My Green, will take place throughout Labor Day weekend, Sept. 3 to Sept. 6. The radio special will feature performances by previous Live On The Green artists, interviews, exclusive recordings, content by the finalists of Music City Mayhem and prize packages throughout the weekend. Artists include Moon Taxi, Amos Lee, Bruce Hornsby, St. Paul & The Broken Bones and more. 

Lightning 100 is providing fans with a number of platforms to access their music. The 100.1 FM radio station, Lightning100.com, a smart speaker or the Lightning 100 app will all allow you to tune in to the bands of your choosing over the weekend. Stay updated with press announcements and new lineup additions on the Live On The Green website.