Take your date to the Frist Art Museum this Valentines Day.
Take your date to the Frist Art Museum this Valentine’s Day.
Photo courtesy @fristartmuseum

Where to spend your Valentine’s Day

Roses are red, violets are blue, whether your ideal date includes food, art or something sporty, we have the right place for you.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and we all know what that means! Whether you’re trying to take your crush out for the first time, spending time with your long-term special someone or looking for a cool new place to hit up with the gals, we’re lucky to have the city of Nashville at our fingertips. It can be difficult to think of fresh, new date ideas to impress your significant other, so we compiled a list of the best places to hit up this Valentine’s Day. 

Topgolf

Nothing is more fun on a date than some friendly competition! Find out which of you is better with a golf club, and enjoy the snacks and drinks that you can order for your bae while you play. For an even more fun experience, invite a few of your wifed-up friends and make it a group date on a College Wednesday, when all food and drinks are discounted, as well as the overall cost to play.

Instagram will load in the frontend.

Belcourt Theatre

If sports are not your thing, make your way over to the Belcourt Theatre in Hillsboro. Nashville’s nonprofit film center offers showings of culturally relevant and popular films every single day, as well as a variety of cultural and community engagement events with their monthly free screenings and discussions. Upcoming showtimes are listed here

The Frist Art Museum

If you’re looking for a visual arts experience that will keep you on your feet, take your special someone to the Frist. Whether art is your second language or you can’t name a single artist, the museum has something for you. Currently, there is an exhibition of the colorful picture books of Eric Carle (“The Very Hungry Caterpillar”). The two of you will be able to spend time together in the aesthetically pleasing building surrounded by beautiful works of art— other than you and your date of course. Also, if you bring your Commodore Card, you can get in for free!

Art Crawl 

While the aesthetic of the Frist is certainly hard to beat, the Nashville skyline is fair competition. If you enjoy the art in a less formal setting, go downtown on the first Saturday of every month for the Nashville Art Crawl. The two of you can walk around and admire the work of local artists, as well as the free wine and street eats. With its hipster atmosphere, the Art Crawl is a great place to people-watch from 6 to 9 p.m.. Head down 5th Ave., Church St. and 2nd Ave. North if this seems like your scene. 

Instagram will load in the frontend.

Barcelona Wine Bar

For a food experience, Barcelona has everything you need. You and your boo can go crazy on the tapas and half-priced wine if it’s a Monday. Located right on Edgehill, it’s super close to campus. Make sure you’re ready for quite the wait, though, if you’re trying to go right on Valentine’s Day. The amazing date vibes that Barcelona delivers are sure to reel in the Nashville locals. 

Dabble Studio 

For a more interactive food experience, try a boozy cooking class at Dabble Studio in Germantown. You guys can bond over your lack of cooking ability while wine tasting, ending the night with a surprisingly delicious dinner you created together! The studio also offers art classes if you and your date already have dinner plans. Pull up to 330 Harrison St., Nashville for this quirky experience. 

Instagram will load in the frontend.