Caviar & Bananas permanently closes its doors in Midtown

The gourmet market, featured on Taste of Nashville, has suddenly closed its doors in 2020.

January 5, 2020

Eva Pace

This gourmet market has suddenly closed its Nashville location. Photo by Eva Pace

Specialty market and café Caviar & Bananas has closed its Nashville branch after over three years of service, according to its Facebook page

This upscale, fast-casual eatery was praised for its large salads, warmed sandwiches and sweet chili-glazed brussel sprouts. The 6,100-square-foot market also served as a retail space, selling prepared and packaged food, wine and beer, and gourmet grocery options. 

Caviar & Bananas was an approved Taste of Nashville location, meaning that Vanderbilt students could use Meal Money or Commodore Cash to make purchases. 

The market previously closed at the end of June 2018 as a result of sluggish sales, but reopened that November under new ownership. 

Caviar & Bananas currently has a sign displayed at its entrance which reads, “Closed — It has been our pleasure to serve you here in Nashville. Thank you for your patronage and loyalty.”

Their downtown Greenville location in South Carolina also closed Jan. 2, while their two Charleston markets remain open.

View Comments (1)
1

All The Vanderbilt Hustler Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest
L
Lorena Infante

Such a shame. I had only recently discovered it.