LETTER: Over 200 faculty members call for Chancellor Zeppos to address Trump presidency

This letter was drafted by Dr. Norbert Ross and Dr. Lesley Gill, both professors in the Anthropology department. They circulated it throughout the faculty of all 10 schools via e-mail, but most of the signatures that appear are from the College of Arts and Science, where they both reside. While students expressed interest in co-signing as well, they were encouraged to write an independent statement, as the letter below was limited to faculty.

[pdf-embedder url=”https://vanderbilthustler.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Letter-Zeppos-Stationary.pdf” title=”letter-zeppos-stationary”]

Josh Hamburger, Author

trackback

[…] Zeppos can keep quiet about the fact that he has not said a word about Trump, despite the fact that over 200 faculty members have called on him to do so. Chancellor Zeppos can pretend that mass […]

trackback

[…] is sometimes thought of as politically passive, Trump’s win has elicited two protests and a strong condemnation from over 200 faculty members and hundreds of students. The second protest, on Wednesday afternoon, was a direct response to Trump’s promise to […]

B
Bernie Ellis

The Vanderbilt community, the American people, must NOT consent to this stolen election. We had less evidence when my colleagues solved the hantavirus puzzle decades ago. Compared to this election theft, that fatal plague is lollipops and ponies.

Bernie Ellis, MA, MPH
Class of ’71

Marleen McClure

So proud of the professors at my alma mater. Well stated.
Marleen McClure, Class of ’89.