Trader Joe’s set to open another Nashville location

Top five snacks to try once the new super-store becomes a reality

Trader Joe’s is a supermarket filled with fun snacks, organic originals, and even full course meals, and we are lucky enough to anticipate it’s arrival. Trader Joe’s is interested in bringing a new store to West Nashville. Trader Joe’s is currently eyeing a location on White Bridge Pike, about 15 minutes away from campus, but with so few options for grocery shopping and the only other store being in Green Hills, we’ll take what we can get. However, the potential for a new store has been enough to remind me of all of my Trader Joe’s staples. Here’s a list of my favorite Trader Joe’s items to carry you through the rest of the spring semester and tide us over until this new store comes along.

Dark Chocolate Covered Caramels

These are pretty self-explanatory, but if you stash these in your room, I can promise you will not be able to walk by them without grabbing one. They are so easy to pop in your mouth and give you the sweet flavor of caramel while also giving you the slight-bitterness of dark chocolate. It’s an all-around delicious candy.

Chocolatey Coated Chocolate Chip Dunkers

I don’t even like milk, but these cookies are the reason why milk and cookies are considered such a good pair. First of all, the cookies are slim, making them convenient for dunking without the risk of your cookie falling into the cup. Second, the cookie part is crunchy but doesn’t fall apart when you bite it. Third, there’s chocolate coating. It’s everything you could want in a chocolate chip cookie but amplified to a whole different level.

Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels

If you’re never tried the peanut butter and pretzels combination, I highly suggest you do that soon. Obviously, you can take two pretzels and sandwich peanut butter in between, but this can get messy. With this snack, you get the combination of pretzel nuggets (which are objectively amazing) and peanut butter on the inside. Watch out though, these are pretty addicting.

Vegetable Root Chips

They’re thin, slightly salty, and even colorful. These chips are perfect for when you’re craving potato chips but don’t want to stuff your face with Lay’s or Doritos. They give you the potato chip feel without the grease and extreme amounts of salt.

Vanilla Meringues

It’s hard to classify these snacks. Are they cookies? Are they just straight sugar? Probably a little bit of both. These are light, airy and almost powdery treats but can give you the small sugar high you’re looking for to make it through a late night study sesh. They look cool and taste sweet. What more could you ask for?

This story was updated to reflect new information regarding the location of the new store at 4:00 p.m. on April 18.

Photo from traderjoes.com

Lauren Martinez, Former Staff Writer
Lauren Martinez ('22) majored in human and organizational development with a minor in business in Peabody College. She can be reached at [email protected].