Burton and Shah win VSG president, vice president

Election results announced March 20 reveal 400 vote margin of victory

Burton and Shah, elected VSG president and vice president, pose after the election results were announced March 20, 2019. (Photo by Rachel Friedman)

Rachel Friedman, Campus Editor

Frances Burton and Veer Shah defeated Nico Gardner-Serna and Taylor Thompson in the VSG election for president and vice president for the 2019-2020 school year. Results were announced March 20 in the Rand Lounge at 12:30 p.m.

Burton and Shah garnered 1,578 votes over Gardner-Serna and Thompson’s 1,186 votes, leading to the former’s victory by about 400 votes. There were 55 write-in votes. 2,918 students voted, compared to 2,559 last year.

Burton and Shah ran on the slogan “Let’s Go” and a platform of five categories. Third-year Burton and second-year Shah both have previously been a part of VSG, with Burton most recently serving as the Director of Campus Outreach.

Rachel Friedman, Campus Editor

Rachel Friedman is a sophomore in the College of Arts & Science studying history and mathematics. You can reach her at rachel.f.friedman@vanderbilt.edu.