The Hustler Sports 20 on VandyRadio February 6: Turner’s student outreach

The Hustler sits down with Malcolm Turner, Vanderbilt's new athletics director, during his first day of work on Friday, February 1, 2019. (Photo by Emily Gonçalves)

Emily Goncalves

Emily Goncalves

Emily Goncalves

As Vanderbilt Basketball continues to struggle through an SEC losing streak, new athletic director Malcolm Turner has a lot on his plate as he begins his tenure in McGugin.

On this week’s episode of the Hustler Sports 20 on the 615 Sports Drive on VandyRadio, we discuss Vanderbilt Basketball’s latest breakdown against Arkansas, how the team can still build towards the future after this season, and what Turner has to do early on in his tenure in order to win over the student body.

Listen in here, and listen in to our show live every Wednesday at 4 pm at VandyRadio.com or on the VandyRadio app.

About the Writers

Simon Gibbs, Senior Writer

Simon Gibbs (‘21) is a senior writer for the sports section of the Vanderbilt Hustler. He is planning on majoring in Human and Organizational Development...

Betsy Goodfriend, Senior Writer

Betsy Goodfriend ('21) is a senior writer for the sports section of the Vanderbilt Hustler. She is double majoring in Economics and Human and Organizational...