Stephen Day to play at Exit/In

Nashville artist Stephen Day will play at Exit/In on Monday, Dec. 4. The up-and-coming Belmont student will perform alongside artists Sawyer and Camden. The Hustler caught up with Day before the show to discuss his blossoming career.

Day stated that his musical style is often compared to John Mayer’s sound, which he is “honored by.” His 2016 debut EP, Undergrad Romance and the Moses in Me, tackles theological themes with some love songs in the mix. He aims to release a full-length album in 2018.

Day grew up in Georgia, where he began performing at open mics. His musical career has taken off since moving to Nashville for college. He has been able to grow his career throughout his time at Belmont University. He now plays in full band shows and has over 3.3 million streams on Spotify. His track “If You Were the Rain” ranked #2 on the Spotify US Viral Chart.

“I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve played a full band show in Nashville,” said Day.

When asked about performing at Exit/In, a bigger venue than usual for the artist, Day admitted that he was nervous.  “I don’t know if anyone is going to show up, because my mom isn’t going to,” he joked.

At the performance, Day hopes the crowd will be able to dance but said, “they don’t have to get crazy with it.” He wants his concerts to be a “step away from the everyday life. You just get a little taste of fun.”

Doors open at 7 p.m., and ticket prices begin at $7.

spotify:artist:4cnFw4bkIWVGKUBsr93OS5

Matthew Cox, Former Author

K
Kylie Smith

Wonderful article!!!