Talk Foodie to Me: New Nashville restaurants

You might be getting to that point in the semester where you spend more time in the library than your room, and maybe you haven’t ventured off campus in a while. Here’s the rundown on six restaurants that opened recently in Nashville that you should try on your night out this week.

1. Hopdoddy Burger Bar: This burger bar just opened in Hillsboro, and it has already generated quite the buzz. It is conveniently located, and has a casual feel so it is perfect for a quick meal out. They offer 15 different burgers along with craft beers, milkshakes and five different kinds of fries.
  2. Chauhan Ale and Masala House: This restaurant does an incredible job of creating a menu that blends traditional Indian flavors with trademark flavors of the south. My favorite appetizer is the Hot Chicken Pakoras, served with a ghost pepper sauce.
  3. Henrietta Red: Located in Germantown, this restaurant offers an oyster bar, shareable plates and a raw bar. Everyone can find something to satisfy their cravings here, but definitely check this place out if you’re a seafood lover.
  4. Prima: Another upscale option, this restaurant is also known not only for its food but an extensive wine list, and refined ambience. One of the head chefs opened Josephine, which is a classic Nashville favorite you should check out if you haven’t yet.
  5. The Mockingbird: The perfect place to find comfort food and global fare in a welcoming diner setting. I recommend brunch for the Paloma Popsicles and Churro Belgian Waffles.
  6. Cafe ROZE: Open until midnight, this cafe is perfect for college students and it’s also super affordable.The cafe serves breakfast all day, as well as sandwiches and salads. Their dinner menu offers creative cocktails and plates to share, so check it out with a group.

I hope you found your next dinner spot in Nashville and we look forward to keeping you guys up to date on all things food near you!