Hit and Run on Commons prompts flurry of emails from University

Vanderbilt on Saturday, August 18, 2018. (Photo by Claire Barnett)

Rachel Friedman, Campus Editor

A Hit and Run late Tuesday on Commons involving a student has led to an ongoing investigation from VUPD.

The incident occured 11/13 around 12:30 in the morning in which a car hit a female student on 18th Ave on Commons and proceeded to drive away. VUPD has identified the driver and is pressing charges. The VUPD Daily Crime Log classifies the crime as Aggravated Assault and Simple Assault.

There was discussion circulating that the incident involved a kidnapping. An email from Dean of Students Mark Bandas noted that there is no evidence that anyone in the vehicle was being held against their will. The case is still being investigated.

Rachel Friedman, Campus Editor

Rachel Friedman is a sophomore in the College of Arts & Science studying history and mathematics. You can reach her at rachel.f.friedman@vanderbilt.edu.

Claire Barnett, Multimedia Director

Claire Barnett ('19) is the Multimedia Director of the Vanderbilt Hustler. As the director of all photo and video content, she is rarely seen without a...