Three cheaper ways to get to the airport this Thanksgiving break

Vanderbilt on Saturday, August 18, 2018. (Photo by Claire Barnett)

Emma Mattson, Assistant Campus Editor

Vanderbilt students have three options for cheaper transportation to the Nashville International Airport this Thanksgiving Break

Vanderbilt Student Government (VSG) has scheduled regular shuttles from Hank Ingram House to the airport on Friday, Nov 16. These shuttles will depart every thirty minutes from 2 to 5 pm. Vanderbilt students can ride for free, and there will be adequate space for all luggage. To learn more about the airport shuttle services, click here.

This fall VSG is piloting a second initiative as well.

“We realized that the 2 to 5 pm on that Friday is a really limited time period, so this year we also partnered with Lyft to provide discount codes for all Vanderbilt students,” reported Graham Ellis, chair of VSG’s Student Services Committee.

The Lyft code is VANDY1617, and it provides a 15 percent discount for Vanderbilt students traveling from Vanderbilt to the Nashville airport. In an attempt to service as many students as possible, the code will be valid both Friday, Nov 16 and Saturday, Nov 17.

To utilize this code, students should order their ride as they normally would. During the payment step, they can input the code into the box marked “Credit/Gift Code” and the discount will be applied automatically.

Finally, Vanderbilt students, faculty, and staff with a current Vanderbilt ID can ride Nashville Metro’s new WeGo buses for free, to and from campus. Route 5 connects West End to the downtown area, and Route 18 connects the downtown area to the airport.

For more details about Nashville WeGo buses, and to access the full schedule of stops, click here.  

Emma Mattson, Campus Assistant Editor

Emma Mattson ('21) writes for the Campus section of the Vanderbilt Hustler. She studies Communication Arts, Spanish, and German in the College of Arts...

Claire Barnett, Multimedia Director

Claire Barnett ('19) is the Multimedia Director of the Vanderbilt Hustler. As the director of all photo and video content, she is rarely seen without a...