Atmalogy closes its doors on October 14

With only a 24-hour warning, Atmalogy on West End Avenue closed indefinitely. The cafe’s owner, Heather Riney, posted an Instagram announcement on Oct. 13 to officially notify customers of its final day on Oct. 14. Riney expressed her personal sentiments in the announcement.

I am & will always be grateful for this journey, grateful for every single person and experience I’ve encountered because of this place,” Riney said.

The shop was known for its six themed spaces, each with a distinct vibe. In addition to the free seating, these spaces were available for rent for meetings and other collaborative purposes. The store also brought in local vendors and artists to sell items like jewelry, postcards and various crafts.  

Located across from Carmichael Towers on West End, Atmalogy was a convenient study spot for Vanderbilt students. The cafe included a breakfast menu, soups and salads, smoothies and an expansive coffee menu. It was also popular for its abundance of homemade gluten-free and vegan options, including muffins and brownies.

Following the closing of student favorites like Jake’s Bakes, Sprinkles and Provence, the termination of Atmalogy marks the loss of another Vanderbilt hot spot.

Cover photo by Jenna Moldaver

Jenna Moldaver, Former Staff Writer
Jenna Moldaver (‘21) triple majored in English, women’s and gender studies and history in the College of Arts and Science. Originally from Colts Neck, New Jersey, she enjoys running, spoiling her two dogs and bothering everyone around her with her specific standards for bagels. She can be reached at [email protected].