Atmalogy closes its doors on October 14

Atmalogy closes its doors on October 14

Jenna Moldaver, Voices Editor

With only a 24-hour warning, Atmalogy on West End Avenue closed indefinitely. The cafe’s owner, Heather Riney, posted an Instagram announcement on Oct. 13 to officially notify customers of its final day on Oct. 14. Riney expressed her personal sentiments in the announcement.

I am & will always be grateful for this journey, grateful for every single person and experience I’ve encountered because of this place,” Riney said.

The shop was known for its six themed spaces, each with a distinct vibe. In addition to the free seating, these spaces were available for rent for meetings and other collaborative purposes. The store also brought in local vendors and artists to sell items like jewelry, postcards and various crafts.  

Located across from Carmichael Towers on West End, Atmalogy was a convenient study spot for Vanderbilt students. The cafe included a breakfast menu, soups and salads, smoothies and an expansive coffee menu. It was also popular for its abundance of homemade gluten-free and vegan options, including muffins and brownies.

Following the closing of student favorites like Jake’s Bakes, Sprinkles and Provence, the termination of Atmalogy marks the loss of another Vanderbilt hot spot.

Cover photo by Jenna Moldaver

One Response to “Atmalogy closes its doors on October 14”

1. Jonny on December 27th, 2018 10:49 pm

If it was so damn popular, why is it closing?

• Atmalogy closes its doors on October 14

University reveals plan to be carbon neutral, transition to renewable energy by 2050

Letter from the Editor: Thanks y’all

KLEIN: Reflections of an outgoing Vanderbilt Hustler sports editor

Death Cab for Cutie returns to the Ryman

Town hall discusses capital planning to enhance academic spaces across campus

IN PHOTOS: Born in Mexico, ‘Made’ in the USA

Tariq Issa and Lanier Langdale reflect on year in office, share advice with community

Lexi Smith reflects on first career goal for Vanderbilt Lacrosse as fifth-year senior