Vanderbilt Soccer climbs to #12 in latest coaches poll, ranked 10th by Top Drawer

Photo by Brent Szklaruk

Photo by Brent Szklaruk

Photo by Brent Szklaruk

Photo by Brent Szklaruk

Vanderbilt Soccer has climbed in the rankings yet again this week, jumping seven spots to #12 in this week’s United Soccer Coaches Poll.

The Commodores entered the poll two weeks ago as the 25th-ranked team and climbed six spots to #19 last week before beating 25th-ranked Mississippi State and ninth-ranked Tennessee.

Vanderbilt is the third-highest ranked team in the SEC this week with Texas A&M sitting at #5, South Carolina at #9, Tennessee at #17 and Mississippi State at #23.

In addition, Vanderbilt was ranked 10th this week by Top Drawer Soccer, one of the leading outlets on soccer in the United States. The Commodores are one of five SEC teams in Top Drawer’s rankings, with Texas A&M at #4, South Carolina coming in at #7, Tennessee at #14 and Auburn at #22.

Vanderbilt has won 13 straight matches dating back to the second match of the season and has run the table in SEC play with only four regular season games to go. This Friday, the Commodores take on the #9 South Carolina Gamecocks in a ranked battle for first place in the SEC. The game kicks off at 7 PM at the Vanderbilt Soccer Complex.

It’s a white-out game, and fans are encouraged to wear white. The first 500 fans in the doors will receive a free white Anchor Down T-shirt. If you can’t make it to the Vanderbilt Soccer Complex, tune in on VandyRadio.com or on the VandyRadio app.