Top 10 artists you won’t want to miss at Breakaway

Photo courtesy Breakaway Music Festival.

Breakaway Music Festival is coming to Bicentennial Park this weekend, Oct. 5 and 6. The festival will feature hip-hop and EDM artists from across the country, including big names like Wiz Khalifa, Illenium, Lil Pump, Shaquille O’Neal (DJ Diesel) and many more. The festival will also cater local food vendors and multiple bars. Tickets are can be bought here, and cost $109 for a two-day pass and between $53 and $57 for a one-day pass, depending on the day. Check out the Hustler’s top 10 lineup rundown below to see some of the artists you won’t want to miss.

Friday
DJ Diesel (Shaquille O’Neal)
When: 5 to 5:35 p.m.
What has Shaq been up to lately? If you want to find out, come by the festival and support Shaq’s new career in the music industry as DJ Diesel.

Quinn XCII
When: 6:45 to 7:30 p.m.
With a unique fusion of pop, hip-hop, reggae and EDM, Quinn XCII, a Detroit-based vocalist and songwriter, sings and raps over bright soundtracks including a touch of hidden melancholy. He has garnered tons of nationwide attention as his music has transformed into being more pop-focused. Quinn released his first full-length album, The Story of Us, last September.

Lil Pump
When: 7:45 to 8:25 p.m.
Best known for his song “Gucci Gang,” Lil Pump jump started his career as a rapper and received an unprecedented internet spotlight. The rising star started off uploading homemade files to SoundCloud and just two years later, he released his eponymous studio album.

GRiZ
When: 8:45 to 9:45 p.m.
DJ and electronic music producer GRiZ stylizes his unique music as future punk with a signature touch of saxophone. A producer from Michigan, GRiZ blends jazz, soul and hip-hop with saxophone funk.

Wiz Khalifa
When: 10 to 11 p.m.
With ten Grammy nominations and three Billboard music awards, rapper, singer and songwriter Wiz Khalifa has established his name in international music scene. His early-career single “Black and Yellow” released under Atlantic Records quickly gained him mainstream attention, and his collaboration with Charlie Puth on “See You Again,” written for Fast and Furious 7, cemented his celebrity fame in music.

Saturday
Sheck Wes
When: 6:05 to 6:35 p.m.
Starting his music career at an early age, hip-hop artist Sheck Wes first made his name when he entered a record deal agreement with labels of hip-hop giants Travis Scott and Kanye West. He quickly rose to fame this year when his song “Mo Bamba” went viral.

Nghtmre
When: 6:45 to 7:35 p.m.
From anonymous uploads of trap and house remixes on SoundCloud, to collaborations with major artists, Nghtmre has begun living out the artist’s dream within a few years. Since bursting into the EDM scene in 2015, collaborations with PnB Rock, Wiz Khalifa and Flux Pavilion, and a nearly sold-out 34 city US tour have only propelled his stardom.

Lil Skies
When: 7:50 to 8:30 p.m.
Raised in a family of music, Lil Skies, with his rich repertoires of singles, quickly launched a career in music in partnership with Atlantic Records. His albums have gained public recognition on the Billboard charts and many say he has a promising career in the industry.

Illenium
When: 8:45 to 9:45 p.m.
An accomplished producer and DJ, Illenium brings melancholy emotions and smooth melodies to festive dubstep and trap. His two studios albums are well-received in the EDM community and by the general public.

Russ
When: 10:00 to 11:00 p.m.
Rapper, singer, producer and songwriter Russ is a prolific musician whose style ranges from modern hip-hop to R&B-rooted melodies. After signing with Columbia Records, Russ has released multiple albums, each which have gained successful recognition in the mainstream music scene.

Get pumped and listen to the official 2018 Breakaway Music Festival playlist here.

Tag one friend in the Facebook comment section to be entered to win two free tickets to Breakaway this weekend.

Additional reporting by Brent Szklaruk.