Plan your week (4/2-4/6)

Looking to try something new this week? Peruse the events below and make a point to attend something outside of your comfort zone. For more offerings, check out Anchor Link.

[su_spoiler title=”Educational” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

What: Autism Research Today and Its Implications For The Future
When: Wednesday, April 4 at 5 p.m.
Where: Student Life Center (Room 010)
Why: The Casico Lab’s Madison Gerdes and Samona Davis present their recent findings on current Autism research and its implications for the future. The event is open to any students, faculty or staff interested in hearing about the most recent research on Autism.
Who: Autism Speaks U Vanderbilt University

What: FBI Speakers: A Victim Specialist and a Special Agent Discuss the Bureau’s Anti-Trafficking Work
When: Wednesday, April 4 at 7 p.m.
Where: Kissam Multipurpose Room (C210)
Why: Vanderbilt UNICEF hosts two members of the FBI for a discussion about human trafficking in the United States and the Bureau’s efforts to stop it. One of the guests is a victim specialist for the FBI, working in the Victim Assistance Program, and the other is a special agent in the Violent Crimes Against Children division.
Who: Vanderbilt UNICEF Campus Initiative

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Sports” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

What: Lacrosse vs. Cincinnati
When: Wednesday, April 4 at 2 p.m.
Where: Lacrosse Complex
Why: Head to the Vanderbilt Lacrosse Complex to watch Vanderbilt’s lacrosse team take on Cincinnati.
Who: Vanderbilt Athletics

What: Baseball vs. Georgia
When: Thursday, April 5 at 6 p.m. and Friday, April 6 at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Hawkins Field
Why: Get ready to cheer on the Vanderbilt Baseball team as they play Georgia at home.
Who: Vanderbilt Athletics

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Cultural” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

What: Can You Use the N Word?
When: Monday, April 2 at 7 p.m.
Where: Commons Center Multipurpose Room
Why: “Can You Use The N Word?” is a panel discussion about the controversial term and its usage in the Vanderbilt community.
Who: National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Vanderbilt Chapter

What: #STAYWOKE: How to Give Your Feminism an Intersectional Makeover
When: Tuesday, April 3 at 7 p.m.
Where: Sarratt 216/220
Why: This Feminism 101 workshop exposes the audience to different types of feminism relevant to US society and offers advice on how to make your understanding of feminism as intersectional as possible.
Who: Margaret Cuninggim Women’s Center

What: Bachata Bash
When: Thursday, April 5 at 7 p.m.
Where: Mr. Heb’s Studio – Towers East
Why: The Vanderbilt Latin Dance Association celebrates a night full of fun and dancing. No dance experience is required, as there will be VIDA members to teach basic moves. There will be free food and social dancing.
Who: VIDA

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Recreational” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

What: Vanderbilt Libraries’ First Annual Edible Book Festival
When: Monday, April 2 at 11:30 a.m.
Where: Vanderbilt Central Library
Why: Books and food collide at Vanderbilt’s First Annual Edible Book Festival. Open to the Vanderbilt community, participants create an edible work of art inspired by a book or author and submit it for judgement in 9 categories.
Who: Vanderbilt Libraries

What: FutureVU’s Pop-up Park
When: Monday, April 2 at 4 p.m. to Friday, April 6
Where: Central Neighborhood
Why: In the space adjacent to Branscomb Quadrangle, the E. Bronson Ingram Studio Arts Center and the Engineering and Science Building, FutureVU is creating a pop-up park for the Vanderbilt community. Monday offers free ice cream floats and t-shirts, Tuesday includes free “breakfast-on-the-go,” Wednesday promises yoga and S’more Love Bakery’s s’mores and Thursday has meditation and succulent growing.
Who: FutureVU

What: Tin Pan South Songwriters Festival
When: Monday, April 2 to April 6
Where: 10 local venues
Why: Music lovers from around the world come to Nashville for the 26th annual Tin Pan South Songwriters Festival. Over 10 venues host two shows a night and draw more than 250 songwriters. Join the tradition and get a uniquely Nashville experience.
Who: Nashville Songwriters Association International

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Arts” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

What: Hidden Voices: Whispers from Around the ‘Bend
When: Tuesday, April 3 at 7 p.m.
Where: Student Life Center Board of Trust Room
Why: Join the Vanderbilt Prison Project and the Black Cultural Center for a series of short plays written by men currently incarcerated at Riverbend Maximum Security Institution. The event is free and open to the public. Attendees can register for a Community Impact GME.
Who: Vanderbilt Prison Project

What: VSW Presents: Senior Open Mic
When: Wednesday, April 4 at 8 p.m.
Where: BCC Auditorium
Why: Vanderbilt Spoken Word holds its annual senior send off, providing an opportunity for seniors to perform for the last time before they graduate.
Who: Vanderbilt Spoken Word

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Health & Wellness” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

What: Spring Formal Preparation and Sexual Assault Awareness Training
When: Monday, April 2 at 8 p.m.
Where: KA Fraternity
Why: Leading up to spring formal, this program creates a space for dialogue about the importance of community safety. Learn how to step in, have conversations and prevent sexual assault in your communities. This event is open to all IFC members.
Who: Project Safe

What: Yoga on Library Lawn
When: Friday, April 6 at 12 p.m.
Where: Library Lawn
Why: The Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center hosts a 45-minute outdoor yoga class on Library Lawn. This event is open to the Vanderbilt community, and yoga mats will be provided.
Who: Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center

[/su_spoiler]

Editor’s note: Source of event information is Anchor Link and Facebook