Rolling Stones exhibit comes to Nashville

Celebrating 54 years of the band’s cultural impact, The Rolling Stones Exhibit opens March 29 at the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum inside Municipal Auditorium in downtown Nashville.

The exhibit, which previously stopped in London, New York, Chicago and Las Vegas, is making its final US stop in Music City before heading across the Atlantic, with several dates in the UK, Germany, France, the Czech Republic and Poland. The interactive exhibit is curated into nine galleries, which spans the band’s musical evolution and career and explores their wider cultural influence on fashion, film and art.

It is billed as “the largest touring experience of its kind ever to be staged.” The exhibit features over 500 Stones artifacts and memorabilia such as personal diaries, original instruments, a film narrated by Martin Scorsese and 190 original artworks from collaborators such as Andy Warhol and John Pasche (the designer of the band’s iconic tongue logo). The collection also includes a fashion gallery with vintage pieces from Alexander McQueen, Prada, Dior, Gucci and more. The entire experience culminates in an immersive 3D finale.

The Rolling Stones are one of the best selling bands of all time, with estimated album sales above 240 million. They were at the forefront of the British Invasion, an influx of British bands that skyrocketed to fame in the United States in the 1960s. The Stones’ mix of rock ‘n’ roll and blues styles became closely tied to the rebellious youth counterculture of the 1960s and 1970s.

Fans of the Rolling Stones know that you can’t always get what you want, but this exhibit can get you pretty close. 

Tickets are available hereTickets can also be purchased at the door, and the museum is offering a student discount with a valid student ID.