PCC to UCC transition to bring new office to further student support options

In July 2018, the Psychological and Counseling Center (PCC) will officially be replaced by the University Counseling Center (UCC). As part of this transition, a new office called the Office of Student Care Coordination will open as a way to support students in finding the support they need.

Samantha Garfield, the Student Health and Wellness Committee Chair for VSG, has worked closely with the PCC during this transition. Garfield hopes the transition and the new office will increase student ability to receive care.

“I believe the new UCC will have a strong emphasis on diversity, transparency and accessibility of care,” Garfield said. “One of the elements I am most excited about is the Office of Student Care Coordination, located in Sarratt, which will house the Care Managers who can best facilitate and support students throughout their use of the network of care providers on campus and in the local community.

The Office of Student Care Coordination is completely new to Vanderbilt and will be housed in Sarratt 100. The Care Managers will meet with students in other locations in Sarratt and Rand temporarily until the office relocation is finished.

The transition means that the UCC will report to the Office of the Dean of Students, rather than the the Vanderbilt University Medical Center. As a result, students who have files in the PCC must transfer their files to the UCC before April 15th to avoid data lag of up to three weeks and potential delays in care. Students will be able to transfer their files after Spring Break. To transfer their files, students will sign off on the password protected website and that will allow for their records to transfer to the new UCC data system by the launch in July.

Students interested in learning about the UCC transition can find more information here.