Plan your week (1/22-1/26)

Looking to try something new this week? Peruse the events below and make a point to attend something outside of your comfort zone. For more offerings, check out Anchor Link.

Disclaimer: Source of event information is Anchor Link and Facebook

[su_spoiler title=”Educational” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

Source: Facebook

What: Jackson Film Screening
When: Monday, January 22 at 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Where: Sarratt Cinema
Why: Jackson examines the inaccessibility of abortion in the U.S. through the depiction of the lives of three women in Jackson, Mississippi who are trying to navigate the tense national landscape regarding abortion access. After the film is shown, there will be a discussion and an opportunity for audience questions.
Who: Martha Cuninggim Women’s Center

What: Holocaust Lecture Series: “Where Memory Leads”
When: Friday, January 26 at 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Where: Board of Trust Room, Student Life Center
Why: Jennifer Teege, an international best-selling author, will be the HLS keynoter for spring semester. She will give a lecture entitled, “My Grandfather Would Have Shot Me: A Black Woman Discovers Her Family’s Nazi Past.”
Who: Jennifer Teege, in the Holocaust Lecture Series

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Sports” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

(Photo by Ziyi Liu)

What: Men’s Basketball at University of Tennessee
When: Tuesday, January 23 at 6:00 p.m.
Where: University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Why: Support the ‘dores as they take on the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
Who: Vanderbilt Athletics

What: Nashville Predators vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
When: Tuesday, January 23 at 7:00 p.m.
Where: Bridgestone Arena
Why: Head to Bridgestone Arena to watch the Nashville Predators take on the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Who: Nashville Predators

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Cultural” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

What: The Internationalists: How a Radical Plan to Outlaw War Remade the World
When: Thursday, January 25 at 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where: Vanderbilt Law School, the Covington Room
Why: Oona Hathaway of Yale Law School is coming to lecture on her book The Internationalists: How a Radical Plan to Outlaw War Remade the World, which examines the international system that outlawed wars of aggression, bringing increased stability to the world map.
Who: The International Legal Studies Program, welcoming Oona Hathaway

What: Low Cut Connie at Mercy Lounge
When: Thursday, January 25 at 7:00 p.m.
Where: Mercy Lounge
Why: Check out a band who’s made Rolling Stone’s Top 50 Albums of 2017 and President Obama’s 2015 summer playlist.
Who: Low Cut Connie

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Recreational” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

What: VPB’s Casino Royale
When: Friday, January 26 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Where: Student Life Center
Why: VPB is transforming the SLC into a casino complete with mocktails, food, raffles, and a limited supply of the coveted Comfort Colors event tees. Show up with your friends, your luck, and your best James Bond references for what’s sure to be a great night.
Who: VPB’s The Venue

What: Nada
When: Anytime
Where: 202 21st Ave S
Why: Check out the new taco joint Nada and switch up your Vandy dining routine with something a little more fun.
Who: Foodies

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Arts” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

What: Picture Me!, in conjunction with FAMOUS! (and not-so-famous): Polaroids by Andy Warhol
When: Thursday, January 25 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Where: Vanderbilt Fine Arts Gallery (Cohen Hall)
Why: While there’s plenty of time to peruse the Fine Art Gallery’s new exhibit which features polaroids taken by Andy Warhol, on Thursday museum goers have the chance to interact with the art by taking some polaroids themselves. It’s the perfect opportunity to get some free food, have a quick photoshoot, and get in your culture for the day.
Who: Vanderbilt Fine Arts Gallery

What: I, Tonya
When: Now playing
Where: The Belcourt
Why: Get into the Olympic spirit and delve into the controversy surrounding Tonya Harding’s rise and fall in the ranks of U.S. Figure Skating.
Who: Tonya Harding

[/su_spoiler]

[su_spoiler title=”Health & Wellness” open=”no” style=”glass-blue” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]

What: Vinyasa at Vanderbilt
When:Tuesday, January 25 at 7:30 p.m.
Where: Kissam C210 MPR
Why: Vandy students will have a chance to find their zen as the semester picks up in an open yoga class, provided by Shakti Power Yoga. The hour long class will feature catering from the Sunflower cafe, and mats will be provided.
Who: CHAARG, partnering with Warren and Moore College Halls

What: Vandy Cooks: Warm Up with Soups
When: Friday, January 26 at 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Where: Vanderbilt’s Recreation & Wellness Center
Why: Taste test and learn the recipes for a selection of healthy soups, perfect to warm you up in the cold weather.
Who: Vanderbilt Recreation and Wellness Center

[/su_spoiler]