IN STYLE: Vanderbilt students bundle up against the cold

What to wear when you don't get that 5 a.m. cancellation email

When we came to Vanderbilt, many of us arrived from colder climates and set aside our parkas and wool socks. Yet here we are, drudging through icy campus paths in single digit temperatures. Some of us react to the lack of class cancellations by begrudgingly trekking from building to building in baggy sweatpants and slippers. Others view the powdery white backdrop as an opportunity to don their best winter fashion. Take notes from this week’s featured students on how to handle the cold without sacrificing style.

Rami Lieberman
Winter staple: “The beanie.”

Paul Gomez // Photograph by Hunter Long

Paul Gomez
Winter staple: “Dry boots.”

Tanya Wadhawan
Winter staple: “This Zara scarf because it doubles as a blanket. I can use it to sleep wherever I am.”

Michael Moblui
Winter staple: “I’m wearing H&M joggers with zippers on the side. I have a nice warm blue bomber that keeps me warm. Definitely had to pull my fur out today.”

Erin Primdahl // Hunter Long

Erin Primdahl
Winter staple: “My hat.”

Paul Garrard // Hunter Long

Paul Garrard
Winter staple: “Patagonia jacket.”

Rachel Anand // Photograph by Hunter Long

Rachel Anand
Winter staple: “I really like my tank top. Everyone has already yelled at me for wearing it, but I wear it in the classroom because it balances out the indoor and outdoor temperatures.”

Jeremy Mani
Winter staple: “This sweater was on hella sale. I’m from Houston, so this is pretty much what I’m wearing for the next 30 days.”

Lauren Lipa // Photograph by Hunter Long

Lauren Lipa
Winter staple: “My handmade crochet scarf. It would get wet if I wore it sledding though. Extra socks are also important. My toes are pretty numb right now.”

Sion Henry // Photograph by Hunter Long

Sion Henry
Winter staple: “My mom’s old coat and a hat that I got a long time ago. I’m wearing a bunch of stuff that I had before.”

SHARE
Previous articleTalk Foodie to Me: A look at Nashville’s best kept food secrets
Next articleHundreds of Vanderbilt students fight flu virus
Claudia Willen
Claudia Willen is a senior pursuing a degree in American Studies with concentrations in Political Science and Journalism and minors in Corporate Strategy and Spanish. As the Arts and Culture Editor, Claudia hopes to use a multimedia approach to draw attention to diverse, unseen art and culture both on and off campus. When she is not editing for the Hustler, she enjoys traveling, finding hole-in-the-wall restaurants, and seeing live music in different Nashville neighborhoods.

NO COMMENTS